Is your organization a good grant candidate?
In reviewing grant applications, the Board of Directors looks for a strong match between our mission and yours. To this end, please consider the following five questions:
Q: Does your organization primarily serve young people who are living in high-risk circumstances (chronic or extreme poverty, lack of educational or enrichment programs, etc)?
Q: Does your organization provide counseling, role modeling, mentoring, educational enrichment, or other similar programs to it's clientele?
Q: Is your organization between two and fifteen years old?
Q: Does your organization lack funding from other, large -scale charitable corporations?
Q: Is your organization registered with the IRS as a non-profit entity?
How to apply for a grant
If you answered "yes" to the five questions above and would like to be considered for a grant, send us a letter of application.
1. Your organizations name, age, and mission statement. Include your Web address, if you have a Web site.
2. A statement (one to two pages) indicating what funding you are requesting and how you would use these monies if a grant were made. Grants typically range from $500 to $5000.
3. The names and titles of the members on your Board of Directors.
4. The name of the contact person who will be available to answer questions, and that person's title, phone number, and mailing and e-mail addresses.
5. A clear copy of your IRS form 501(c)(3).
6. A copy of your most recent budget.
Applications are reviewed bi-annually. We will contact you within six months of receipt of your complete letter of application.
The Charter Oak Foundation generally gives grants of $5000 or less. Groups awarded a grant may reapply in the future. However, Charter Oak Foundation generally prefers that groups not apply year after year, and we generally do not accept repeat grant applications within a 12-month period. We hope you will find other supporters who will help you thrive, which in turn helps us help other smaller, newer groups. Organizations are capped at $25,000 in lifetime funding or five funded grant applications. Please feel to contact us if you have any questions.
Thank you for your interest in Charter Oak Foundation. We look forward to learning more about your work on behalf of children.